Disability Insurance: A Key Benefit for Employers and EmployeesMarch 17, 2022
Eric Gulko testifies to state legislators on behalf of small businesses and nonprofitsMay 12, 2022
Click to expand and learn more about the openings listed below.
Senior Benefits Consultant (Remote)
Senior Benefits Consultant Responsibilities:
- Manage a book of business consisting of small to mid-size clients in various industries. Will require travel to clients across the US, particularly in Massachusetts
- Overall responsibility for client retention and proactively developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with carriers and clients
- Communicate directly with clients and their employees as the subject matter expert on the details of various insurance coverages, products, and services in the marketplace.
- Strategize opportunities to continually enhance service to our clients through new services, cost control, technology, etc.
- Review request for proposals and insurance plan analyses, negotiate with carriers and recommend renewal actions
- Stay up to date and educated on industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues and communicate to clients as appropriate
- Maintain and ensure adherence to all plan rules, legal and regulatory compliance, reporting requirements, and overall compliance as it relates to client group health and welfare plans
- Prepare presentations and lead client, open enrollment, strategy, and other related meetings
- Obtain, organize, and analyze vendor proposals for various health and welfare plans, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, etc.
- Analyze and synthesize various carriers, plan designs, plan funding and employee contributions options
- Use software to draft plan documents, required employee communications, and 5500 filings/SAR’s
- Create and update benefit guides and ensure client resources and communications are up to date following open enrollment or coverage change
- Conduct quality assurance reviews on other Innovo employee work products
- Address ongoing benefits enrollment and claims issues as necessary
- Conduct and prepare benefits benchmarking analyses for clients
- Assist in client benefits technology implementations and ongoing support
- Very strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize many tasks at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, client-first attitude, and willingness to go the extra mile when needed
- Great team player, with willingness to help others
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Health/Life/Accident state licensure required
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in the health and welfare benefits brokerage industry
- Experience working with health and welfare benefits plans including medical, dental, life, disability, both in the design of these plans and related compliance requirements
- Experience with self-funded plans and claims reporting and analysis
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
Innovo Benefits Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Don't see a position that fits your skillset and experience? Send us an email.